Documents for Matching Funds Grant
Click here for instructions on downloading these documents.
The Sheridan Travel and Tourism (STT) Matching Funds Grant Program is community cooperation AND our 4% Lodging Tax in action. This grant program supports efforts to entice visitors and events to our beautiful and historic community by providing promotional dollars to host organizations.
The STT is pleased to grant these dollars that support approximately 20 new and returning events and projects through an annual commitment of over $20,000. This effort brings over 50,000 visitors annually to Sheridan, Wyoming – the West at its Best!.
To provide you with the variety and scope of events that we are proud to support, review the highlighted sampling of sponsored events:
- Bozeman Trail Days – national event that educates and celebrates the history of the ‘Bloody Bozeman Trail’ which traversed Sheridan County. Promotional dollars used for radio advertising, banner and brochure printing – drawing over 600 visitors.
- Sheridan WYO Rodeo – weeklong event which includes concerts, bed race, parade, all leading up to the largest single-go-around PRCA rodeo. Promotional dollars expended for rack card printing and distribution – drawing over 10,000 visitors.
- Wild West Hoop Jam – sporting event held during the annual WYO Rodeo weekend for competition and entertainment of the public, in support of an athletic training program. Promotional dollars expended on information packets, brochures and banners – bringing in 40 teams/1,500 visitors.
- Wyoming Arts Alliance – annual performing arts presenter and artists booking conference. Promotional dollars expended on marquee advertising and printing of brochures and press releases – with 71 agencies attending from a 5-state region.
- Christmas Stroll – festive downtown celebration to promote the Thanksgiving weekend. Promotional dollars expended for radio and print advertising in the Gillette and Billings areas.
For your convenience, we provide you with downloadable versions of the Guidelines and the Application, which you can view online, and print out. Please read the Guidelines carefully.
Completed Applications [original and eight copies] can be returned to us either by dropping them off in person, at the Information Center at the Junction of East Fifth Street and Interstate 90, or by mail, at P.O. Box 7155, Sheridan, Wyoming 82801.
The Guidelines and Application are in PDF format, which means you must have Adobe Acrobat Reader in order to open the file. If you are not familiar with downloading and PDF files, here are some simple instructions:
- Select the document you’d like to print. (documents listed in top right-corner of page.)
- To download the file, click on it. If you have Acrobat Reader on your computer, the file will open in Acrobat Reader. It may take 2 or 3 minutes for it to open, so don’t expect it to open right away. To save it to your computer, click on the diskette icon, give it a name, and click save.
- If it doesn’t open, the file will start to download. This means you need to download Acrobat Reader. It will open a dialog box which asks if you want to open the file or save it to disk. Select save it to disk. After it finishes downloading, come back here to download Acrobat Reader.
- To download Acrobat Reader, click on the icon below and follow the instructions. Enjoy!