- Your information belongs to you.
- You will share your information with us only to the extent that we give you value for what you share.
- You have the right to choose what information you share.
- You have the right to know what will happen to that information once you have shared it.
- You have the right to choose how your information is used.
- Your information should be kept totally confidential.
Good relationships are built on trust. To earn your trust, we follow these policies:
1. We collect only what we need. We will only ask for the information that will enable us to serve you better.
2. Information we collect and what we use it for. On some pages, you can make requests for information.
- a. Normal correspondence and requests for information. We collect your e-mail address if you communicate with us via e-mail to request any information from the Sheridan Travel and Tourism (such as brochures, reports, articles, newsletter subscriptions, etc). We use that e-mail address to answer the e-mail we receive.
- b. Email newsletter subscriptions. We collect your e-mail address and name when you request to receive periodic updates about upcoming events. The information we collect is solely used to send out updates for informing and/or for educating our visitors and to build our relationship with our visitors. No “Special Offers” for or by other vendors will ever be sent to you.
The only way you will be added to the newsletter emailing list is if you specifically request it. You will not be added to the newsletter mailing list because you requested information from an autoresponder, filled out any other form on our site, or requested information in any other manner.
- c. Feedback and guestbook. We receive and maintain on file the information submitted to us on the Feedback and Guestbook page. We use that data to target our efforts to improve our services and to respond to the requests and/or feedback. In addition, from time to time, we may send out special information on topics you indicate that you have a special interest in.
- d. Referrals. We receive and collect the names and e-mail addresses submitted via the Tell Your Friends About Us feature. We only use that information to keep us informed about the frequency our visitors are referring their friends to us.
- e. Postcards. We receive and collect the names and e-mail addresses submitted via the Send a Postcard feature. We only use that information to keep us informed about the frequency our visitors are sending postcards.
3. Our lists are not shared with anyone. Our lists and other information are totally confidential. They are never sold to, rented to, or shared with anyone for any purposes.
- to identify you as a new or repeat visitor
A “cookie” is simply an identifying code the browser (e.g., Internet Explorer 4.0) is instructed to save in a specially named file where all of the cookie information in stored on your computer. Only the Web server that sends the cookie can retrieve the cookie. The cookie information is not linked to any other information and is not accessible by any other party. The cookie does not allow us to see where else you have surfed on the net.
If you have concerns about how cookies work, see http://www.microsoft.com/info/cookies.htm . We realize that there is a lot of misinformation in the public press about cookies. The only reasons we use them is to enable us to provide the services to you and to improve those services through our interaction with you.
Our Web server collects your computer domain name, a record of what pages on this site you access or visit, and compiles aggregate information on what pages all visitors access or visit. We use this information to improve the content or design of our Web site by noting what visitors most want to see and what seems to cause the visitors to leave.
5. Opting out of e-mails from us. If you do not want to receive e-mail from us in the future, please let us know by any of the contact means listed below and tell us that you do not want to receive e-mail from our company. You will be promptly removed from our lists. We will send a confirmation of your removal. In the confirmation, we may ask how we could have made this site and our services more valuable to you. You may or may not respond to this confirmation, at your total discretion.
6. No change in use without permission. We never use or share the personally identifiable information provided to us online in ways unrelated to the ones described above without also providing you an opportunity to opt-out or otherwise prohibit such unrelated uses. A confirmation request will be e-mailed to you before any changes to these policies will be made that has the potential of reducing your privacy.
7. Use of street and mailing addresses. If you supply us with your address on-line, you will only receive the information for which you provided us your address.
8. Posting identifying data on this site. This site maintains Guestbook and Calendar features on which visitors post messages and/or scheduled events.
9. Privacy on linked sites is not assured. This site has multiple links to other sites not controlled by Sheridan Travel and Tourism, and we warrant no level of privacy protection from or by those other sites.
10. Security of your data. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the appropriate use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. We use industry standard SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption wherever your personal data is transmitted.
11. Privacy of minors is important. Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. For that reason, we never collect or maintain the birth dates or ages of our visitors nor collect or maintain information at our website from those we actually know are under 13.
12. How you can access or correct your information. At any time, you may request to review or update your personally identifiable information that we collect online and maintain. Simply call us at 307-673-7120. To better protect the integrity and security of your information, we will also take steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
13. Applicability of this notice. This notice applies to all information collected or submitted on the Sheridan Travel and Tourism www.sheridanwyoming.org website.
Spam is unsolicited commercial e-mail. It is a practice that is not appreciated by most people. We do not use it in our business. All of our e-mail messages are sent to people who have “opted in” to receive messages concerning certain topics.
If you have came across this site or received information about the Sheridan Travel and Tourism as the result of an unsolicited request from an unknown third party, please let us know immediately by sending an e-mail to email@example.com . Please give us as many details as possible, such as full message headers, ISP, name, and address of sender, or if it is possible, just forward the message to us.
Should you have any questions or concerns about these privacy policies, please contact us by any of the methods provided below:
Sheridan Travel and Tourism
P.O. Box 7155
Sheridan, WY 82801
Effective date: May 6, 2004