While big cities are full of crowds, this holiday season escape to the tranquility and hospitality of the ‘West at its Best’. Just named in the Top 10 Small Towns by livability.com, Sheridan, Wyoming is rich in frontier heritage, American art, and adventure.
Explore these varied and fun events while in Sheridan:
- OCTOBER 25-28, Winner of three 2011 Tony Awards, including Best Revival of a Musical, Cole Porter’s classic stars your favorite local talent in an unforgettably fun and willfully silly musical at the WYO Theater!
- NOVEMBER 23 ANNUAL CHRISTMAS STROLL – Regionally acclaimed kickoff to the Christmas season in Historic Downtown Sheridan, encompassing horse-drawn wagon and trolley rides, prize giveaways, live entertainers, lighting contest, refreshments, Santa Claus visits, shopping & fireworks!
- NOVEMBER 25-DECEMBER 23 BRADFORD BRINTON MEMORIAL & MUSEUM 22nd ANNUAL HOLIDAY SHOW-Exquisite art in an ideal scenic foothills setting.
- DECEMBER 7-9 TRAIL END STATE HISTORIC SITE HOLIDAY OPEN HOUSE – Sheridan’s popular historic museum comes alive with the sights, sounds and scents of Christmas all rolled into one three-day event, featuring nine performances by local musicians.
- DECEMBER 21 146th FETTERMAN BATTLEFIELD TOUR– Living history uniforms and weapons demonstration. followed by walking tour of the battlefield where Captain Fetterman and command of 80 were defeated by Warriors.
This year leave the hustle and bustle of the city and travel to a less complicated time and place. The friendly folks of Sheridan look forward to sharing their holiday traditions.
Penny L. Becker, Executive Director
Sheridan Travel and Tourism
Sheridan, Wyoming – Voted #1 Western Town in America!