2013 Activities to Surrender your Spirit to:
- JANUARY 1 POLAR BEAR JUMP 22nd annual Jump at 1:00 pm at Lake DeSmet’s monument boat ramp. A great way to start the New Year with a refreshing dip through the ice, really gets the blood pumping. No membership fee, just a steely resolve and an adventurous spirit. 307-672-1076 email@example.com
- MARCH 8-10 BIG HORN HOME BUILDERS ASSOCIATION ANNUAL HOME & GARDEN SHOW Absolutely Something for Everyone! Public Invited – Free Admission – held at the Sheridan Holiday Inn. Vendor inquiries to Timi Burr firstname.lastname@example.org or 307-751-5711
- MAY 11-12 SNICKERSBIG HORN SOCCER CUP 21 fields of soccer competition in action with more than 110 youth soccer teams (ages 8-14) from WY, MT, and SD held at the Big Horn Equestrian Center (south of Sheridan). For more details on the fun-filled weekend, with youth play area and activities, 15 concessionaires, visit www.sheridansoccer.org or contact Jimmy 307-751-8249 email@example.com
- MAY 17-18 20th ANNUAL ROCKY MOUNTAIN LEATHER TRADE SHOW. All Your Leather Shop Needs Under One Roof - Holiday Inn, Sheridan, WY, voted #1 town in the West! Over 70 leather-related suppliers, manufacturers and dealers. Great for hobbyists, artists and professionals. Public invited – free admission. International event with how-to workshops starting the 13th. The Leather Crafters & Saddlers Journal 715-362-5393 or www.leathercraftersjournal.com
- MAY 25-27 HANG GLIDERS FLY-IN – Enjoy watching and photographing hang gliders from across the nation soaring above the Bighorn Mountains’ Sand Turn, west of Sheridan. For details, Johann Nield 307-751-1138 firstname.lastname@example.org
- MAY 31- JUNE 2 HOOP JAM – 3-on-3 Street Basketball Tournament provides wholesome family entertainment with 18 courts/800 participants on Whitney Plaza in Downtown Sheridan Saturday and Sunday. Registration/welcome BBQ held the evening of Friday. For information, call 307-674-1632, or www.sheridanhospital.org
- June 15 – July 1 wild flowers peak season – Meander through the majestic Bighorn Mountains on Scenic Byways 14-14A experiencing wild flowers and wild life, such as moose, elk, deer, bear, lions & marmot
- JUNE 13-16 ANNUAL BIGHORN MOUNTAIN WILD AND SCENIC TRAIL RUNS – hundreds of runners from across the US, Australia, & Europe compete in a 100 mile, 50 mile and 50K or 30K races in the Bighorn Mountains west of Sheridan. For further information www.bighorntrailrun.com 307-673-7500 email@example.com
- JUNE 20 THIRD THURSDAY STREET FESTIVAL – Enjoy family fun, food, live music and fabulous vendors each month from 5-9 PM onSheridan’sHistoric Main Street. Downtown Sheridan Association 307-672-8881
- JUNE 22 MISS WYOMING SCHOLARSHIP PAGEANT The reigning Miss Wyoming hosts the new contestants under a new pageant theme at 7:30pm at WYO Theater. 307-672-9084 or www.wyotheater.com
- JULY 4th CELEBRATION – Spectacular fireworks displays at the Big Horn Equestrian Center. For details and other events, please refer to the website events calendar at www.sheridanwyoming.org
- JULY 5-7th ANNUAL CHRIS LEDOUX SPURS AND SPIKES MEMORIAL GOLF TOURNAMENT held during Sheridan WYO Rodeo annual events and played at Top 100-ranked Powder Horn Golf Club. The tournament, open to the public, includes a practice round, BBQ, auction and live entertainment Friday, and on Saturday a four-person scramble. www.sheridanwyorodeo.com Rodeo Central at (307) 672-9715, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- JULY 6 KARZ ROD RUN – 180 hot rods, muscle, classic cars and trucks on Historic Downtown Main Street (Loucks to Alger), with vendors on Sheridan’s Grinnell Plaza from 10AM–3PM. Awards presented to winners as judged by the public in kids, women and men categories. Cruise & picnic July 7th Visit www.karzclub.org or email email@example.com
- JULY 10-13, 83rd SHERIDAN WYO RODEO on the Million Dollar Tour of Professional Rodeos with the world’s top cowgirls and cowboys! Join in the WYO Rodeo fun all week long! In addition to four nightly PRCA rodeos (7-11 PM) and daily slack performances, features include: World Champion Indian Relay Races, parade, street dances, Boot Kick-off & BBQ, carnival, Kiwanis Pancake Breakfast, Beds Along the Big Horns Race, Sneakers & Spurs Rodeo Run, and MORE. From the first boot kicked off, ’til the last tailgate shuts, the Sheridan WYO is the MOST FUN you’ll have ANYWHERE! For event details, tickets and schedules, Rodeo Central at http://www.sheridanwyorodeo.com firstname.lastname@example.org 307-672-9715
- JULY 18 THIRD THURSDAY STREET FESTIVAL – Enjoy family fun, food, live music and fabulous vendors each month from 5-9 PM onSheridan’sHistoric Main Street. Downtown Sheridan Association (307) 672-8881
- AUGUST 3-4 8th ANNUAL BIG WEST ARTS FESTIVAL For two days Sheridan College campus becomes a metropolis of visual and performing art as the Festival unites artists to showcase diverse and vibrant talent represented by artists worldwide. For more information or musical performance schedule, please visit www.bigwestartsfestival.com or call 307- 674-6446 Ext. 1234. Event is free and open to the public.
- AUGUST 11 TASTE OF SHERIDAN Grand food tasting festival with dozens of restaurants and other food vendors, each offering 3-4 taste samples of their fare. Beer, wine, soda pop as well. Taste sample tickets in advance or at the gate. 3-7:00pm at 1579 Thorne-Rider Park www.tasteofsheridan.org Contact Shelleen 307-674-6150.
- AUGUST 15 THIRD THURSDAY STREET FESTIVAL – Enjoy family fun, food, live music and fabulous vendors each month from 5-9 PM onSheridan’sHistoric Main Street. Downtown Sheridan Association 307-672-8881
- AUGUST 24-25 SHERIDAN ELKS YOUTH RODEO Toughest youth (17 and under) competition with the best awards (up to $72,200 cash/awards), in 26 events having attracted up to 800 entries daily, from the region. The most fun that you can have at a rodeo! Held at the Sheridan County Fairgrounds in Sheridan, with no admission. For more information, visit www.sheridanelks.org
- AUGUST 31-SEPTEMBER 2 HANG GLIDERS FLY-IN – Enjoy watching and photographing hang gliders from across the nation as they soar above and beyond the Bighorn Mountains at Sand Turn, west of Sheridan. For details, contact Johann Nield 307-751-1138 email@example.com
- SEPTEMBER 1-2 DON KING DAYS – 25th Anniversary ‘Old West’ rodeo events, featuring match bronc riding, steer roping, and end-of-season polo cups. The Big Horn Equestrian Center provides open space & no fence setting in the majestic mountain foothills south of Sheridan. The family-oriented celebration honors renown saddlemaker King, from 11 AM-5 PM daily. Contact Micah Olsen at firstname.lastname@example.org 307-684-8776, Cecile Pattison at email@example.com 307-751-5454 or Vicki Kane at Vicki@kemperodell.com 307-752-0567
- SEPTEMBER 7 BREWFEST – Brewers from all over the region come to Sheridan for you to taste their fine Brews and vote for your favorite. Also a BBQ Cook Out at the Brewfest with a People’s Choice Category. Enjoy beer, live music and food at this great event from 2-6 PM. Sheridan County Chamber of Commerce 307-672-2485
- SEPTEMBER 6-8 FLYING COWBOYS ANNUAL FLY-IN – Pilots from 5 states with 200 planes for display and flight from dawn to dusk! See all types of planes – from small electric powered flyers, up to 10′ wingspan giants powered by large gasoline engines. Contact John Steir 307-674-7342
- SEPTEMBER 19 THIRD THURSDAY STREET FESTIVAL – Enjoy family fun, food, live music and fabulous vendors each month from 5-9 PM onSheridan’sHistoric Main Street. Downtown Sheridan Association 307-672-8881
- NOVEMBER 22 ANNUAL CHRISTMAS STROLL - Regionally acclaimed kickoff to the Christmas season in Historic Downtown Sheridan, encompassing hay wagon, mini-train, and trolley rides, prize giveaways, live entertainers, lighting contest, refreshments, Santa and Mrs. Claus visits, shopping & fireworks from 4-8 PM! Contact the Sheridan County Chamber of Commerce at 307-672-2485 or www.sheridanwyomingchamber.org.
- NOVEMBER 25-DECEMBER 23 THE BRINTON MUSEUM ANNUAL HOLIDAY SHOW— Exquisite art in an ideal scenic foothills setting: Three Visions of the West featuring works by Nikolo Balkanski, Don Dernovich and Mel Gerhold. More information 307-672-3173 or www.BBMandM.org
- DECEMBER 6-8 TRAIL END STATE HISTORIC SITE HOLIDAY OPEN HOUSE – Sheridan’s popular historic museum comes alive with the sights, sounds and scents of Christmas all rolled into one three-day event. Featuring nine performances by local musicians. For more information, 307-674-4589 or visit at 400 Clarendon Avenue in Sheridan or www.trailend.org
* Summer – Rodeo Events; Sheridan Pathways system and Walking Tours; Art on Display & Park Ice Cream Stand
* Thursdays, Saturdays & Sundays – Polo Games * Tuesdays, July-August – Concerts in the Park
*Wednesdays – WYO Theater’s New Vaudevillians; Wyoming Wednesday Activity Projects
*Thursdays June-Sept. – 3rd Thursday Street Festivals with live entertainment on Historic Main Street; Farmers Markets;
*Outdoor concerts at the Trails End Concert Park