Located in the Dorothy King Reflective Garden at Whitney Commons. This historic cabin was used as a post office in the late 1880’s in Sheridan, Wyoming. Edward A. Whitney, for whom the park is named, established Sheridan’s first bank in the building. Whitney resided in living quarters above the cabin for a significant portion of his life.
For additional information and photographs, please click here for a Great American Treasures tour of the Mandel Cabin and Post Office.
For additional information, please contact:
Lindy Burgess, The National Society of The Colonial Dames of America in Wyoming